VOM Pray Today Application:
Terms of Service
Effective March 23, 2011
Thank you for your interest in persecuted Christians.
The Voice of the Martyrs, Inc. (“we”, “us”, or “VOM”) designed this application so that you (“Members” or “Users”) may learn more about the persecuted church around the world.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using the Application. By accessing or using any part of the Application, you agree to become bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not fully agree to these Terms of Service, then you may not access the Application or use any VOM Application-related services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by The Voice of the Martyrs, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Application is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you, through the use of the Application, post a comment through the Application to a website, post material through the Application to a website, post links through the Application to a website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Application (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
Responsibility of Application Users. The Voice of the Martyrs has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to other websites through the use of the Application, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Application, The Voice of the Martyrs does not represent or imply that it endorses the material posted elsewhere through the use of the Application, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Content posted by users through the use of the Application may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Content posted by users through the use of the Application may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. The Voice of the Martyrs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Application, or from any downloading by readers of content posted through the use of the Application.
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your content is not posted in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, a URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by The Voice of the Martyrs or otherwise.
Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which The Voice of the Martyrs links, and that link to The Voice of the Martyrs' websites. The Voice of the Martyrs does not have any control over those non-VOM websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-VOM website or webpage, The Voice of the Martyrs does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Voice of the Martyrs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-VOM websites and webpages.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As The Voice of the Martyrs asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the Application violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify The Voice of the Martyrs. The Voice of the Martyrs will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
Intellectual Property. These Terms of Service do not transfer from The Voice of the Martyrs to you any The Voice of the Martyrs or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with The Voice of the Martyrs. The Voice of the Martyrs, VOM, Persecution.com, the VOM logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with The Voice of the Martyrs or the VOM Calendar Application are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Voice of the Martyrs, Inc. or The Voice of the Martyrs, Inc.’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Application may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Application grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any The Voice of the Martyrs or third-party trademarks.
Changes. The Voice of the Martyrs reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of these Terms of Service. It is your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Application following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes. The Voice of the Martyrs may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Application (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service.
Termination. The Voice of the Martyrs may terminate your access to all or any part of the Application at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disclaimer of Warranties. The Application is provided “as is”. The Voice of the Martyrs and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither The Voice of the Martyrs nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Application will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You download from or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Application at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability. In no event will The Voice of the Martyrs, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of these Terms of Service under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. The Voice of the Martyrs shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Application will be in strict accordance with these Terms of Service and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Application will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Voice of the Martyrs, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Application, including but not limited to your violation of these Terms of Service.
Miscellaneous. These Terms of Service may be modified only by The Voice of the Martyrs, in which case The Voice of the Martyrs will inform you in writing or by posting a revised version to its website. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms of Service and any access to or use of the Application will be governed by the laws of the state of Oklahoma, U.S.A., and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma. If any part of these Terms of Service is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by VOM of any term or condition of these Terms of Service or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
To contact The Voice of the Martyrs, please send us an e-mail.
Thank you, Automattic, for the gracious use of your Terms of Service via a Creative Commons Sharealike license with changes.