Personal Data We Collect and How it is Collected
Your personal data includes information related to your contact information, your shopping or donation preferences, payment methods, as well as certain demographic information provided through third-party organizations such as social media sites and will include things like age, gender, interests, and perceived interests in news or advocacy.
VOM will collect the following information on this and any of its websites:
- Your Name
- Your Mailing Address
- Your Telephone Number
- Your Email Address
- Your Payment Method Preferences
Through your interactions with VOM, you will provide directly most of the data we collect. We collect and process personal data when you:
- Subscribe to free monthly magazines and newsletters
- Purchase study resources for yourself or your church
- Give a donation to the ministry
- Sign a petition
- Submit a letter to an imprisoned Christian
We may also receive your personal data indirectly from the following sources:
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites and applications
- Dates and times of visits to our sites and applications
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as pages visited, time on pages, and navigation patterns)
- Geographic locations of users
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our website or applications
No Distribution of Personal Information with Third-Party Organizations — VOM will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to any third-party organizations. We assure you that the identity of all who provide personal information to VOM will be kept confidential except where disclosure is required by law. Use of this information will be limited to internal purposes in furthering ministry activities and goals of VOM.
How Your Personal Data Will Be Used
Whether through action initiated directly by you or data that is provided by a third-party organization, we may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Create an account for you on our website(s) and to manage and maintain that account on the site(s)
- Deliver a product or resource that you purchased or requested via our website(s)
- Maintain a record of your interactions with our website(s) such as a product purchase, a donation, a request for information
- Respond to any customer service inquiry you may make through our website(s)
- Manage your participation in VOM events or gatherings
- Optimize our website(s) and application(s) to suit your preferences and to deliver the best experience possible within our means
- Evaluate and improve our website(s) and application performance
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies, such as email communications and donation solicitations
Updating Your Preferences
Each email communication you receive from VOM will come as a direct result of an interaction with VOM – either a consent to receive information, a purchase, or a donation – and will include a link to update your communication preferences. Should you choose to update your email communication preferences, or withdraw the right to communicate via email, you might not be able to receive certain offerings or updates from VOM going forward.
Should you wish to update your communication preferences regarding postal mail communications or telephone communications, please contact VOM directly via telephone or the email address listed below in the “Contact Us” section.
If you would like to opt out of the aggregation of data collected about you on our website(s), you may click here.
If you do not want to receive e-mail or other electronic communications from us, email firstname.lastname@example.org to revoke your consent to receive these communications. If you want to disable cookies, you may disable cookies from your browser or directly from your mobile device.
If you are a resident of the European Union, you have right to correct the personal data we have in our possession regarding you or to ask us to delete it, and you have the right to provide or withhold your consent before we use your personal date for a purpose other than the purpose for which you provided it.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect certain aspects of your information while in transit. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure, nor can we guarantee that the extensive security measures we have in place will never fail or be defeated. For your personal protection, please ensure to protect your username and password. Please note that we will never ask for your username or password.
Link to Other Websites — This website may be linked to other websites, and other websites may be linked to persecution.com. The Voice of the Martyrs has no control over non-VOM websites, and users are subject to the privacy policies of those sites.
Our Commitment to Transparency and Accountability
Copies of financial statements of The Voice of the Martyrs, Inc. may be obtained by contacting us at: 800-747-0085. VOM was formed in the state of Oklahoma for the purpose of “serving persecuted Christians through practical and spiritual assistance and leading other members of the Body of Christ into fellowship with them.”
Residents of this state may obtain a copy of our financial and additional information as stated below:
Virginia: Financial statements are available from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, 102 Governor Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219.
U.S. RESIDENTS: 100% OF YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A TAX DEDUCTION IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
REGISTRATION IN A STATE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION OF THE VOICE OF THE MARTYRS, INC. BY THE STATE.