Get a FREE Copy of VOM’s Global Prayer GuideRequest Yours Now
Bangladesh is one of the poorest countries in the world. Churches are careful when offering relief to the poor and needy because they do not want to encourage false conversions among people who accept Christ solely for economic benefit. Bangladesh is a Muslim majority nation, but the government strives to remain secular. The government also actively fights extremism, which is prevalent. Many people in Bangladesh are learning more about Jesus and the Bible through YouTube channels. Reports indicate that more than 7 million people have watched Christian videos using this technology.
Local Muslim authorities, radical Islamist groups and families persecute Christians.
What It Means To Follow Christ In Bangladesh:
Many Christian groups meet publicly, while others worship in unregistered churches. Some Christian Bangladeshi groups send out missionaries within their own country. When Muslims convert to Christianity, they are often forced out of their community.
Access To Bibles:
Bibles exist in many languages found in Bangladesh, but they are hard to find. Although Bibles are legal, many are too poor to purchase one even if they could find it. There is a Bible Society of Bangladesh. Give Bibles
VOM supports a safe house for those expelled from their community. We also support Bible distributions and evangelism training. VOM provides for the medical needs of those injured because of persecution. Village Outreach Kits bless rural pastors with basic necessities and resources for ministry. Give to VOM’s Global Ministry
- Pray for the Ajgar family, who relocated because of persecution.
- Pray for those taking shelter from persecution in safe houses.
- Pray for Neelam, one of only two Christians at her school, who faces persecution.
- Pray for national workers taking the gospel to Rohingya refugees.
- Pray for Anjali and other widows whose husbands were martyred for their faith.
- Pray for Bikash as he disciples believers to follow the Lord.
- Pray for Ashok, whose house was destroyed because of his faith.