As our persecuted brothers and sisters face persecution and oppression from Islamists in places like Iraq, Sudan, Nigeria and Syrian refugee camps, you can help provide them with basic medical and personal-care items they need.
You can order Family Med Pack Kits for $10 each and fill the packs with your church group, friends or family. Each kit includes the following:
- Instructions, with a list of items to include in your pack
- Pack-building materials
- A sticker to help you share your passion for our persecuted family
- A return mailer and shipping label
VOM workers will distribute your Family Med Pack to a persecuted Christian family that has suffered from extremist violence.
Follow these five steps to make the most of your service to persecuted Christians through a Family Med Pack:
Purchase new items to fill your pack. Please include only items from the lists below. The items in the “Required” list must all be included. If you have room, you may add items from the “Optional” list.
- Adhesive bandages (20–50 of different sizes and shapes)
- Gauze (pads and/or rolls)
- Medical tape (1 or 2 rolls)
- Washcloths (1 or 2)
- Toothbrushes (2 to 4)
- Comb and/or hairbrush
- Bar of soap
- A photo of you, your group or your family
- Nail clippers
- Disposable antiseptic wipes
- Lip balm stick(s)
- Dental floss
- Additional items from either this list or the “Required” list
- Empty the zip-sealed bag.
- Place the items listed above in the bag, required items first.
- Tie the red cord to the pack by making a loop through the grommet.
Pray that the family who receives your pack will feel loved, strengthened and encouraged.
- Place your filled pack in the white mailer, and seal the mailer.
- Write your name and address in the provided space on the enclosed shipping label.
- Affix the shipping label to the mailer.
- Ship using the delivery service of your choice.
Use the rectangular sticker to share this program with others. You could place it on a notebook, cup or bottle, laptop, cellphone case, car window or bumper.
Your Family Med Pack will be sent from VOM’s U.S. headquarters to the country where it is needed most.