As Prime Minister Narendra Modi prepares for another five years as India’s prime
minister, our brothers and sisters in India are preparing to endure more persecution.
India’s 27 million Christians – a minority in a predominantly Hindu nation
of 1.3 billion people – experienced new levels of persecution during Modi’s
first term. Many expect persecution to intensify during his second term, as Hindu
nationalists who seek a purely Hindu nation will likely be emboldened by Modi’s
Here are four ways to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ as they prepare to face
continued, and likely increased, persecution for following Jesus:
- Pray that Christians in India will stand firm and be encouraged as they prepare
their hearts for additional persecution.
- Pray that our brothers and sisters in Christ will sense God’s presence and
guidance during the next five years and know that the global Body of Christ is
standing with them in prayer.
- Pray that Christians throughout India will remain bold and continue their work to
advance God’s kingdom.
- Pray that Hindu nationalists who are persecuting Christians, by God’s grace,
will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ.
You can also stand with persecuted Christians in India as they boldly advance the gospel.
Your gift will be used to do the following:
- respond to violent attacks and the imprisonment of Christians
- replace Bibles destroyed by extremists
- provide ministry tools for front-line gospel workers